Friday, July 16, 2010

The Question? Why????


I have been avoiding this question since I started this blog...."Why do I want to be a foster parent when I can easily have one of my own?" To be honest....I don't know! I have no desire to have another biological child. Weird? I cant explain it. The wanting to adopt runs deep into my soul...its in my blood. When DYFS (rude, rude, rude worker) came out the first time, as soon as the door shut behind her, Jimmy said, "Forget it Michele! Lets have our own!" I remember feeling a sense of loss!

The only way I can explain it is that our God has placed this desire in me. Its not a natural desire so I know it only comes from Him. He adopted me into His kingdom and I haven't been the same since that day. I love Him to pieces. He is my daddy in heaven and I trust Him to only give me what I can handle. I am completely in awe of Him and sometimes feel I don't deserve such an awesome God. He gave up His Son so that I can have a relationship with Him. He planted this seed and may His will be done!

So to answer the question....I want to adopt for Him. I want to plant His seed in a child's life who may have never heard of this awesome Person. Sure I can have my own and do the same thing, but there are so many children out there already who need to hear of His love......

There are so many encouraging stories in the bible of men/women who were adopted and became strong warriors (Jesus,Moses, Ester). Ester, by the way, is Hannah's favorite woman in the bible. She knows her story and actually taught it to the Sunday School class :)

Once we give our hearts to Christ, believing and trusting in Him alone for salvation, God says we become part of His family—not through the natural process of human conception, but through adoption. Please start praying for our foster children. Pray that his/her heart will be open to accept Christ. Please pray for us that we are able to show His love and that we are not to stressed out. We want to plant seeds.........

No comments:

Post a Comment