Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Court Hearing

Today I had to go to Bridgeton for my court hearing for Zachary. My mom told me to get dressed up, so I put my best clothes and heals. People in the court house are different.....very different, but I just sat in the waiting room until we were called to see the judge. I spoke to his new DYFS worker, her supervisor, and his lawyer. All stated that the family wants Zack to be with us.....

Went in to see the judge (who apparently was not too thrilled with dyfs) and he said, "This child needs to be placed with the McIntyre's who are family friends within 10 days! He stated to me that I am in charge of his visitation with his parents and family and said a lot of other technical things that went over my head. All agreed! We left.........hour ride home with dad and all I wanted to do was say thank you. Thank you for not being selfish and sharing your son with us. I am sure this is hard on him because I can tell that he loves him. What a sacrifice he and his family are making knowing that we could give him something "a little better". This is only by the grace of God that I am who I am now and I am completely in shock that He has chosen us to raise this child for a while. God is so good. I just am completely in awe of what He is doing and continues to do in my life. I do not deserve anything...I sin...try to control everything...spend too much...lookout during certain times of the month, but He still gives me the desires of my heart. A loving husband, an adorable little girl and now a man child...a little boy to call mine even if it is just for a season.
Thank you for all who have prayed. Prayers were felt and gave me comfort while waiting for the judge. Continue to pray for us...for me. Pray that I will become the woman God wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment